Overseas expeditions, projects and NGO's
There are more detailed descriptions of some of these and others on the Gap Year Page
Voluntary work related to Marine Biology/ Conservation
- FRONTIER 3 month expeditions to Tanzania, Mozambique and Vietnam
- STPS Sea Turtle Protection Society of Greece
- ARCAS Guatemalan based, Olive Ridley Turtle conservation project.
- RALEIGH INTERNATIONAL Must be aged 17-25, diving operations on the Belize Cays
- GREENFORCE EXPEDITIONS Marine Projects in Borneo and South China Sea
- VSO Voluntary Service Overseas
- CORAL CAY CONSERVATION Projects in Belize
- OPERATION WALLACEA Based in SE Sulawesi in Indonesia
- BLUE VENTURES Run diving projects in Madagascar
- GLOBAL VISION Run conservation and community development projects, have 20 programs in over 15 countries see Gap year project information for further details.
- VOLUNTEER LATIN AMERICA Volunteer Latin America is a small and independent organisation committed to helping protect Latin America’s flora and fauna, its biodiversity. They offer a cost effective way to become an environmental volunteer in Mexico, Central and South America. Suitable for eco-tourists, research scientists, gap year students and travellers alike. Volunteer Latin America is a gateway to hundreds of environmental projects throughout the region.
- WORKING ABROAD - A UK organisation which recruits volunteers and interns in the humanitarian, healthcare, environmental, wildlife conservation and teaching fields enabling them to gain field experience in these sectors. In addition to our own projects they have a free to use database of over 2000 organisations which people can search to find a volunteer or internship project abroad.
- I believe our website would be of great use as a resource for people considering an overseas volunteering projects. I noticed you currently have a list of similar opportunities on the Overseas Projects section of your website: https://sites.google.com/site/marinebiologyorg/working-in-marine-biology/overseas-projects and was wondering if you would add a link to our site (www.workingabroad.com).
- ZOOX - Zoox provides specialist marine conservation training and experience programmes allowing volunteers to develop skills and knowledge essential to the marine conservation sector, whilst gaining valuable work and SCUBA diving experience supporting high-impact and well-established conservation projects in SE Asia. Unlike other conservation volunteer programmes, Zoox focuses on the professional development of each individual, allowing volunteers to gain an understanding of their strengths and challenges as well as their next steps to a career in conservation
Voluntary work overseas not directly related to Marine Biology
- BUNAC- Working adventures worldwide
- CONCERN WORLDWIDE Sends qualified and experienced medical, technical, natural resources and education development workers.
- Concordia - Youth Service Volunteers International voluntary work camps (18-30 for European Camps). Projects include archaeological digs, building and conservation.
- PROJECT TRUST
- LATITUDE GLOBAL VOLUNTEERING
- International Intern Programme
- VSO - Volunteer Service Overseas - have a range of programs for a range of age and experience.
- UNITED NATIONS VOLUNTEERS Recruits highly qualified and experienced volunteers from all UN member countries. Placements are usually 2 years but some short-term humanitarian relief. Apply through VSO
This site contains links to other internet sites. These links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by the website creator